Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lesson 1: How to Start a New Year

Hello, greetings, and welcome to Season 2 of Mr. Stoddard's Neighborhood!
My classroom at the end of the year in June.
It looks considerably more festive now.
I'm back in Honduras for another year of teaching and I'm super excited for everything awesome that's going to happen this year!
So it's an interesting feeling being back. I'm not a newbie anymore, so I feel smart knowing where things are and how they work and all that fun stuff. Also, I live in the same house as last year but with two new guys who graduated from college a few months ago, so I sort of felt like an RA helping the freshmen get acquainted in the first weeks. The guys are super fun and creative and it's been a blast!
I also have the same classroom as last year, so setting up the room was a breeze since I know how I like things and where it all should go. I made sure to ponder all the discipline/management things that went well and...um, not-so-well last year and how to make this year more awesome!
The students have started classes and it's been going quite splendidly so far! I feel more competent, confident and productive since I don't spend most of my time getting confused about how things work.
This year I'm pretty much the only person who wants to play piano for worship times and events, so I've been playing quite a bit. Soon I'll incorporate the uke too!
 So you can expect more blog posts to come with more epicness about roommates, adventures, students, and much more! Also, here's a picture of my current door design!

No comments:

Post a Comment