Wednesday, August 26, 2015

How to Memorize Philippians

Every year that I taught in Honduras, the students were required to memorize verses from the book of Philippians each week. Over the course of the fifth grade year, they would memorize nearly the entire book. During my second and third year teaching, I took the sections of verses and paired them with well-known songs to make them easier to memorize. The tunes I used come from pop songs, kids songs, worship songs, and various other sources.

Well, in my fourth year teaching, I took the project to the next level and made all the songs into videos and posted them on YouTube. It was a huge project that took time each week (and consequently hindered my blog-writing last year), but I had a great time with it, and despite my mediocre singing abilities and inferior recording equipment, I think the end result is pretty good!

So take a look at the Philippians Verse Songs project, and you might be able to memorize some verses while you're at it!

Below is the YouTube playlist. You can watch each video sequentially, or use the forward and back buttons to skip ahead to different videos (but why would you want to skip any??)


If you don't want to watch all the videos, here are some favorites:










Here's a link to the YouTube channel so you can choose the vids you want to watch!

PHILIPPIANS VERSE SONGS
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEx1AkaGlxfKgBg1oBm6wQg/videos


No comments:

Post a Comment