Sunday, April 7, 2013

Manly Mustache March 2: Maniler, Mustachier, and Marchier!

Hello World, the blog is back! I've got some good entries planned, including the epic account of my Semana Santa (Easter break) travels around central America.

Before that, it's time for the sequel to last year's Mustache March!!
In Honduras, Fathers' Day is in the middle of March, so we had a program for all the dads and then invited them to come visit the classroom and have a manly breakfast party with the class.

Sometimes on of the moms designs the door for the month, but I take pride in my March doors. Here's this year's installment:

Click on the picture to see it larger
During the program I had the distinct honor of accompanying the Pre-K and Kindergarteners for a song. They sang "All I Really Need" by Raffi, and I played along on ukulele! It was super fun and I gained a few dozen pint-sized fans!

 The dads came back to the classroom and we had a breakfast party, mustache style! I sported one of my fake 'staches and the kids made their own out of paper for themselves and their dads. Only two dads had real live facial hair, the others were taped on (try to spot the authentic follicles in the pic above!)




The students enjoyed having their dads in the class... and who doesn't love a good 'stache!? (except apparently the girl on the right...)
 For the door project I added a picture of one of my school's bus drivers, who, as you can see, has quite an impressive bigote grande:


Also in March, I got to help at a missionary retreat nearby. The missionary families went to seminars and hung out at the retreat center and they were nice enough to let their kids hang out with us. We played some games and did crafts and basically had a mini summer camp weekend. It was awesome.


So there's a short review of the month of March. And in answer to your question - no, it will not be three months before my next blog post! You still need to hear about my adventures in Belize and Guatemala! And I moved into a new house, which calls for a video tour! All that on the way in the next few weeks...




No comments:

Post a Comment